Affiliate marketing through Instagram is almost totally free. Really, all you’ve got to do is:
- Create an Instagram account with the following bits:
- The content targets a niche market related to health, wealth, or relationships—quotes are a pretty popular way to get started, but for fitness you can just use images of models, and relationship can just be pics of attractive people
- Your bio includes a link to an affiliate marketing site (you can find those on ClickBank or , I’m not affiliated with either). Affiliate marketing is sort of like advertising the product of another business; when a sale is made, you get paid. Simple as that
- Set up a bot (I suggest InstaDub) to follow/unfollow 800 accounts per day, like 800 more accounts, comment (if you like), and post 5–6 times per day.
So what happens?
- Your bot engages with another Instagram user either through the bot following them, liking them, or they seeing your content.
- They find your link in your bio and click it.
- The link leads to a sales/landing page.
- They purchase whatever is on the landing page.
- You get paid a commission from the affiliate
What sort of metrics to expect:
- If your account grows by 1500 followers each month…
- And your daily click-through-rate is 0.5% (half a percent)…
- And the conversion rate on the site they go to is 1%…
- And you get paid $30 per month for signing them up (this is OSP’s commission pay out)…
- Then in 12 months once you have 18,000 followers, you’ll earn over $5000/month in cumulative commissions (OSP pays monthly)
How much work does it take?
- Set everything up takes about 8 hours to get the account up, the bots running, and the images loaded
How much does it cost to do this?
- InstaDub costs about $77
- The images (especially quotes) you can buy in bulk from someone on Upwork or Fiverr in bulk. I’m guessing the average Photoshop whiz can probably do 45 photos like this per hour—you need about 2,000 images for a year—and the low end rate for work like this is probably about $10/hour, so about $444 for all the pics
And that’s it. You just created a $60,000 annual income with a ~$500 investment. Hell, do the work yourself (the follows/likes/etc) and create the images (if you can do Photoshop pretty well), and it’s almost free.
By the way, if Instagram catches you doing this, they’ll probably shut your account down. And this method is reaaaaaaally tacky, but hey—money is money, right?